Re: [iPad] iTunes freezing on iPad

 

There is a proper method to uninstalling iTunes in Windows, you need to uninstall the other supporting software in the correct order

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:
  1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour 
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects.

Full URL is  http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Worth trying




From: "terry@sandbek.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 11 May 2014 11:54 AM
Subject: [iPad] iTunes freezing on iPad

 
When my iPad Air is connected to my computer with Win7(64) I'm having trouble with iTunes. The summary page comes up and when I tap on the Apps Tab, iTunes freezes. This does not happen on my iPhone connected to my iMac.  I'm running iTunes 11.1.5 on both machines. I have tried several suggestions from the Internet:
  • Deleting iTunes and reinstalling
  • Doing a soft reset on my iPad
  • Reinstalling QuickTime
  • I've restarted my computer, right clicked iTunes and selected "Run As Administrator
  • Went to the Task Manager and ended the process called APSDDaemon.exe (there were 2 of them)
  • Emptied the Newsstand app and moved it to the home screen
  • Ran iTunes in Safe Mode
None of these suggestions worked even though other people have found them helpful. If there is anyone out there whose pay grade can solve this mighty problem I would sure like to hear from you.
Terry


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Just launched ! Link preview on Yahoo Groups
Visit your Group on the web, simply paste the link to the article, photo or video you wish to share in the message you are composing.


.

__,_._,___