Re: [iPad] Torrent app

 

You cannot associate torrents with piracy, although as we all know 99% is pirated. Game manufacturers can use torrent tech to supply online games, as one example. Other non copyright files exist also. Then there is the issue of unfairly restrictive practices by the big media companies. We are not allowed to convert our own, purchased DVD/BR to a file so we can view on other devices.

The issue with iOS and torrents is the lack of access to the file system. Its too hard, too awkward, and sharing files to/from  other devices is a mix of frustration. My daughter bought a cheap Android tablet for TV shows she missed or cannot get here, everything as as easy as if using a PC or Mac.

I suggest to use a full computer. Import to the iPad to view using file sharing. Another caveat as unless the video is MP4 and using H.264 with the correct parameters it is not compatible, and while you can play with a third party app, there is no hardware acceleration. Another gripe of mine


From: "Pete petefromflorida@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 18 May 2014 5:15 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Torrent app

 
I don' think Apple would ever approve an app that could be used for piracy.  I imported my pirated music from Windows Media into my iTunes account.  Whenever I sync my iPad that music is then     added to my iPad.
Pete
P.S.  My conscience got the best of me so I no longer do that.





On May 16, 2014, at 5:51 PM, "Pam Milleson pmilleson8@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I have the IPad 3 and an Android phone..  With my Android phone I have Pirate Bay and Utorrent to download torrents.   What apps are available to use on my IPad for the same purpose?

Pam

..Sent from my IPad..
          



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Just launched ! Link preview on Yahoo Groups
Visit your Group on the web, simply paste the link to the article, photo or video you wish to share in the message you are composing.


.

__,_._,___