Re: [iPad] iPad 3 coming March 7th hopefully

 

I still have an iTouch *2nd* gen that is going strong on what it does -- and
I use it daily. So it doesn't do the latest & greatest -- so what? it still
plays certain games just fine, works well as an ereader & occasional
web-checker; I can make notes on it but usually don't.

It's like having different sizes of spoons in the kitchen -- just because I
got a giant size on for stock-pot-use doesn't mean I got rid of the smaller
ones I'd been using -- they still work even if not perfect for some tasks.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl W Brooks
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:47 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPad 3 coming March 7th hopefully

I may as well. My iPad 1 is quite sluggish with the newer Apps modified for
iOS 5. I suspect that we won't be supported beyond 5.5 or so at this rate.
There are certain apps that simply close out immediately on the IPad 1.
Safari crashes the most consistently than any other app. The IPad 1's memory
is just way too small for many apps today. It will still make a great tool
for my wife or kids that are in school. It still has a lot of life in it,
but it just won't run those taking advantage of the newest features. For
this reason, I hope Apple adds a "hide upgrade" option so that certain apps
won't ask me to download the latest app until I unhide the update.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___