Re: [iPad] printing without a computer

 

"nhoward5040" <lists5040@comcast.net> on Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:10:27
-0000:

>I decided that I would like to print from my ipad1. I tried out the free Airprint Activator without luck. I could see the choice of printers, but the printer did nothing. So I downloaded a demo of Printopia, and it works fine. I do have one question (and I'm afraid that I know the answer, but am asking in case I am wrong).
>
>Is it possible to print from the ipad without your computer/printer along. For instance, we often visit my brother-in-law who has a laser printer directly attached to his PC. I'm sure that he doesn't want to download any additional software, even if it would work for us. Or, even more importantly, if we travel with just our ipad, it would be nice to be able to plug it into a hotel printer and print boarding passes. Is this possible, or do you need the drivers, etc that are on the computer.

(Apart from Murray's answer)

I purchased "PrintnShare Pro", and it found (and let me print) from my
HP PhotoSmart 3310.
That one is connected through Wifi (only).

I think that I have printed only one test copy.

--
Chris Laarman

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___