Re: [iPad] UK Tv on iPad

 

Camilla <cammalu2@aol.com> on Fri, 25 Nov 2011 19:46:47 -0600:

>There are quite a few shows I'd like to watch on BBC and when I go to the site I can't see them because I'm in the US. I know there is a way that you can block your ISP or disguise it or something so it will appear you are connecting from that country but I don't know how and don't "get" it.
>
>Anyone have a simple way they can share?

I had WatchTV HD Free installed, and I was able to see and hear a
British channel.

I just upgraded to the payed version, hoping to lose the ads (I did)
and hoping to have the app snappier (nope).

I seem to suffer from bad reception at all, according to an error
message. That first time I had already given up when the buffer had
finally filled.

I have my iPad configured to use Wifi (rather than 3G) when available,
and I do have good Wifi connections.

About that "WatchTV HD":
Using tiles, it lets you choose a country, then a channel.
Switching countries requires you to exit the app. Needlessly clumsy,
I'd think.
On the other hand, it relieves you of the website browsing.

--
Chris Laarman

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___