Re: [iPad] Moving apps

 

Temporarily remove an item from your dock, go to the page where the app you want to move is located, select rearrange app choice, drag the app to the dock, go to the page where you want to place the app and drag it there and then replace the first app that you had removed from the dock in the first step.  This reads as if it's more complicated than is the case in practice.


Pat

On Oct 16, 2019, at 8:51 AM, Carol Corley floridabouvs@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Pat:

The problem I am having with moving apps on my iPhone and iPads came with the recent update. As I mentioned, I keep them in alphabetical order for ease in finding. Also, many are in subject folders (guitar, French, games, weather, fitness, health, and many more.) I have 7 screens of apps, and each screen has several folders — all in alphabetical order for ease in finding them.

The problem I am now having is that every time I get a new app, it goes to the last screen. But by alphabet, I might want it on a first or second screen. So I pick the "rearrange app" choice, all apps start wiggling, I take the one I want to move and attempt to slide it across that page to the next and the next. At some point it refuses to go any further, usually it ends up trying to go into an existing folder. It won't let me get it out of that folder, so I have to stop, then start again and get it out of the folder, move it to the next page, where it finds another folder it likes and pops in.

By then the air is blue and I am quite pissed. Eventually, I always manage to get it where it needs to be.

But I am not happy with Apple making life that difficult as I try to break in my new iPhone 11 Max that cost $1,400! And I don't want to change my way of organizing apps just because Apple can't get its act together!

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope Apple comes up with a fix.

In the meantime, any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Carol


__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___