Re: [iPad] Moving apps [1 Attachment]

 

Carol Corley wrote:

The problem I am having with moving apps on my iPhone and iPads came with the recent update. As I mentioned, I keep them in alphabetical order for ease in finding. Also, many are in subject folders (guitar, French, games, weather,  fitness, health, and many more.) I have 7 screens of apps, and each screen has several folders — all in alphabetical order for ease in finding them.

Obviously, the running rule is "different strokes for different folks".

That said, most of my most-used apps are on the first screen; and most of Apple's own apps are in an "Apple" folder on that screen.
For the rest, I most commonly just use Spotlight search to find and open the app.

The problem I am now having is that every time I get a new app, it goes to the last screen. But by alphabet, I might want it on a first or second screen. So I pick the "rearrange app" choice, all apps start wiggling, I take the one I want to move and attempt to slide it across that page to the next and the next. At some point it refuses to go any further, usually it ends up trying to go into an existing folder.

1. I endeavor to keep a few empty "slots" on each screen of apps

2. When you've got them jiggling, put a finger on the one to be moved, move it very slightly, then with other fingers (same hand or other hand), sweep the screens past underneath the app you're "holding".

-- 
Jim Saklad
jimdoc@me.com


__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___