Re: [iPad] Re: Miffed at Siri

 

No one expects perfection. Persosnally I dont expect any higher quality from Apple than any other quality manufacturer. As its just a box using the same past as everyone else, made in the same country as everyone else. If I mention specific issues, they arent opinions. You are manufacturing what my opinions are, re perfection etc, you shoudn't make that up to strengthen your point. All I say is that Apples quality has declined, go to any Apple site where there is a forum you will see Apple users saying that. This thread on this site says the same.  If the arguimnent is that those users want perfection, thats way off course

So what happens when users here run down MS or Android? Thats ok? Thats annecdotal, its opinion, and when its responded to, this ios what we get? Im an Apple fan, I dont have a need to run down any other tech company, but some do,  then defend Apple as some do. Those attitudes remove a discussion and turn it into a fan vote.




From: "Devitt devittad@comcast.net [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 29 December 2015 3:47 AM
Subject: [iPad] Re: Miffed at Siri

 
It is the ongoing negativity that gets under folks' skin. When we offer a less negative opinion of a problem we're "defenders." Our opinions matter as much as yours. They are all opinions, not facts.

If you expect any company to offer wHat you would consider perfection, good luck with that. There will always be flaws and bugs in Apple products and all other same genre products as well. They are incredibly complex. Apple engineers are humans, not all-seeing little gods and goddesses. But they work incredibly hard to try to design and produce the best overall products currently available. I know that for a fact since I'm related to one of those engineers. But will they ever produce a "perfect" product? Don't hold your breath.

If iPads were perfect for everyone in every way, this group wouldn't have to exist. Personally, I'd miss it. 🤗

CD

> Passing on criticism is dumping on a company? You can also blame the many many Apple users who do the same. Is it them, or is it Apple that needs to tidy itself up?
> The issue over features that I/we/they want and don't have isn't an issue. Its always been like that. Less so than before, so thats not an issue.
> I do expect a new product to work perfectly out of the box. I know that in reality thats not always the case, but it is almost always the case. From what Ive read about Apple in past years and experienced, I don't have an issue with its out of box efforts. The odd product may be faulty, but its quite rare. However I do see a feeling on here, that its a this ok, take it back. Actually, my 4 iPhone shave a 50% failure rate. 5 had the battery replacement program, and it also had to be replaced with a suddenly sticky home button, also a known issue. So maybe its not that great, but from 4 phones I may have been unlucky.
> My issue is the hardware design failures, software failures that seem to happen continually. Every release there are issues, urgent bug fixes. When I read Apple users saying to forget the next version of OSX, fix what we have, thats a big deal. They don't want upgrades, they want a system that works properly. I don't feel that this is unreasonable, nor is it dumping. I could praise them for all the many great things they do, and put my head in the sand when the bad stuff comes to light, I'd call that unreasonable.
> I dunno what Apple used to be like, as I've only used my iPhone since the 4S. Yes, I see the antenna gate etc, etc, but its the last 2 years when there is annoyance from users. Local users, fan users. They don't seem to defend Apple no matter what. I expect more than what is happening, and being Apple I expect more again. It's not even average or standard. My experience with PC's and laptops has been highly reliable. Ive never had to have one fixed or replaced that I can recall. I gather that its not uncommon to have out of box issues with Macs, so pay more and get Apple Care. Is this dumping on Apple? I do not think so.
>
Sent from my iPad 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (98)

.

__,_._,___