Re: [iPad] Miffed at Siri

 

I am an Apple user. That doesnt mean I have to praise Apples benefits and ignore the failings

I dont feel I have a tone, although those that dislike ANY criticism of Apple may think so.

So to avoid software failures that break things, I should not update? That would in fact solve the problem. Or more correctly avoid the problem,. its better to actually test the software IMO

No, when Android or Windows updates, there may be issues. These are minor, with Apple in recent times its exected to be broken functions

Its easy to state that many many many Windows users have ongoing problems, that they have to fix every day. The latter part of the sentence is what someone else said the other day. So it must be a fact. It is also a common nag from some Apple fan users, down with MS etc. The costs to buisinesses who use Windows must be massive.   




From: "Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 28 December 2015 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Miffed at Siri

 
> Passing on criticism is dumping on a company? You can also blame the many many Apple users who do the same. Is it them, or is it Apple that needs to tidy itself up?

I thought that you were an Apple user…

It is the *tone*, not necessarily the specific criticism.

> …software failures that seem to happen continually.

That is easy to minimize.
Don't update software
Ever.

> Every release there are issues, urgent bug fixes.

Yep.
That is the computer business.
It doesn't happen in the Windows or Android world?

> My experience with PC's and laptops has been highly reliable. Ive never had to have one fixed or replaced that I can recall.

Lucky you.
That is not what I have heard from many, MANY Windows users.

> I gather that its not uncommon to have out of box issues with Macs, so pay more and get Apple Care.

I always get Applecare, but I have generally always gotten laptops, and that seems a reasonable precaution for a mobile device.

Similarly my iPhone and Apple Watch are highly mobile and heavily used, and have Applecare. My iPad, not so mobile, not so heavily used, and no Applecare.

"Out of box issues" have *not* been my experience.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com



__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (97)

.

__,_._,___