[iPad] mail burp

 



I had an interesting thing happen in Apple mail yesterday. I sent a message to someone, copying only myself. My wife, who was on neither the To: nor either copy line, received a copy, and I did not.

I'm sure the mail was addressed as I intended, because I later discovered a copy by doing an iOS text search.

Beware email. It can bite you.

No problem for me, here, because there was nothing in my mail I minded my wife seeing, but you can imagine the possibilities for someone sending mail to A and having B read it.

The caution here is certainly not for iOS mail only. All sorts of email travels a horrendously complex route before arriving - or not - at its intended destination.

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___