Re: [iPad] Re: iPad Mini

 

On 11/24/2013 8:35 PM, David Smith wrote:
>
>
>
> I like the discipline required to keep from overloading every disk.
> What do you */need/* 128Gb for?
>

As a musician who plays many different isntruments as well as teaches
them and conducts various ensembles, I have a huge library of sheet
music that I need -- I don't look at every page of every piece every day
obviously, but when I want to look at a particular orchestra score in
preparation for an upcoming concert, or when I need a particular piece
to practice and I'm not at home, I need to have it available. I have
20GB of scanned sheet music, with much more that I'd like to put on my
device, but I'm at the point where I need to remove some apps in order
to add more music.

Additionally, I like to keep my entire library of Kindle books with me
so that I can read what I want when I want and don't need to think about
which titles I might wish to read when I go away for the weekend or on
vacation. And I've got a ton of Kindle books.

There are 4 excellent map apps, which also include terrain data. The
full-USA one is "YouNeedAMap" which goes to a certain level of detail
but not further. There are 3 regional versions, one for Eastern USA,
Central USA, Western USA. Each of the 3 regional ones is between 1 and
2 GB in size.

Also I use FlightSim on my computer (and will be getting X-Plane soon)
and want the convenience of using the iPad to view flight charts -- they
are huge and since the flight simulator programs allow me to fly
anywhere I would love to have all the possible charts avaialable.

I can't fit all of that data on my 64GB iPad4. I would be able to fit
it all on a 128GB version.

For many people I can understand the lack of a need for such a large
amount of storage, but there are a significant number of us who would
love that extra storage space. Obviously, or Apple wouldn't be
marketing iPads with 128GB of storage.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (162)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___