Re: [iPad] Re: Taking my iPad to Europe

 

From Belgium.
You will get microsim from all three service providers.
Only one of them provides data plan on prepaid microsim.
For others, you will have to take a post paid connection along with ID proof.



On 28 Dec 2010, at 22:18, "Tim" <tiny.home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

 


I doubt you would be able to get a microsim outside of the UK. You will be able to get one at any mobile phone shop, possibly in the airport terminal when you arrive.

Regards, Tim.

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Jack Lam <jldmd@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks. I assume this is not very difficult to configure?
>
> Can you get these microsims here before leaving for Europe?
>
> Jack
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Pabitra Saha <pksaha000@...>
> To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Sun, December 26, 2010 12:04:38 AM
> Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Taking my iPad to Europe
>
>
> The exact data to be fed in settings ( GPRS server address, password) etc would
> be available in the literature of the service provider, provided along with the
> microsim.
>
>
>
>
> On 25 Dec 2010, at 16:31, Jack Lam <jldmd@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> >I am going to Europe next year.
> >
> >
> >If I purchase one of these microsims, do I just take the original AT&T microsim
> >out and replace it with the European microsim, and it should give me 3G coverage
> >in Europe or do I need to do some configuring within the ipad before it works.
> > Thanks for any info.
> >
> >
> >Jack
> >
> >
> >
> ________________________________
> From: Tiny <tiny.home@...>
> >To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
> >Sent: Fri, December 24, 2010 5:42:39 AM
> >Subject: [iPad] Re: Taking my iPad to Europe
> >
> >
> >A few places with free wi-fi in the UK are,
> >
> >Starbucks, McDonalds, most High street cafes / bars.
> >
> >If you buy a new microsim while in the UK I recommend getting one from 3 mobile.
> >They have very good 3G coverage and currently have a better deal than most.
> >Other places that sell microsims are, O2, Orange, Vodaphone & many others.
> >
> >Sent from Tim's iPad
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___