RE: [iPad] Ipad goes into dead battery display and then off

 

Your last thought is the BEST.   Take it to Apple after doing a backup.  They should just swap it.. It either has one of the several problems you mentioned or the battery has an early EOL. 

Dick Lawrence




To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
From: barry0525@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:48:59 +0000
Subject: [iPad] Ipad goes into dead battery display and then off

 
I've searched the net and apple.com/support before deciding to ask here, about my issue. I'm 2hrs away from the closest Apple store, so I hadn't created an Issue ticket with them, if its hardware, and didn't want to bother them if it was software issue.

OK, I've had my ipad (model MB294LL) for a 1/2 year or so, no problems. In the past few weeks, when the battery shows 100% (usb to my PC), it will display the 'battery almost out, gonna shut down now' (I hadn't looked at xcode to see what function that was), and then turns off. I try to turn it on, it shows the same dead battery display. Once in awhile, pressing the home/power (hard reset), or plugging in the USB while holding down the home, it might fix it. Usually, I just have to wait until it decides to power back up on its own.

I've already done a itune/restore, it seemed to work for a week or so, but then, it's doing it again.

Perhaps it was introduced with the last ios update? I keep everything updated (4.2.1 (8c148)).

I considered that there might be a memory leaking program that would tell the ios the battery was dead (even tho it showed 100%), but it would happen w/o any programming running (in the task list (dbl-home).

Anyone heard of this, or suggestions, before I consider turning it into Apple?

Txs

Barry ( www.imabird.com )

p.s. I luv both my iphone4 and ipad enough to had purchased a mac mini so that I could start coding on them (PC C++ programmer now, learning objective now). My GF has my handmedown iphone 3gs.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___