Re: [iPad] Re: Mail Client

 

Apart from the four mail apps that I mentioned earlier (AirMail, CloudMagic, Mail, Outlook - I forgot Unibox), I also use Gmail (my main account) using web mail (in Chrome under Windows, in Chromium under Linux, occasionally in Safari under iOS and OS X).
  My need for that use in Safari may have gone now, as I have just configured Contacts Sync for Google Gmail (under both iOS and OS X).

I have Mail (and other clients if possible) set to always BCC me, and I generally verify that I do BCC myself. So I tend to have proof of sending.

Remarks:

I have found that Mail for iOS, when invoked by another app, sometimes leaves my messages in the Outbox, maybe depending on whether it has already polled my accounts during that session. Irritating!

CloudMagic for iOS still has a bug that may moved messages back into the Inbox. CloudMagic for OS X clumsily updates its indexes (I think) when catching up. Irritating!

I treat Unibox more like a viewer than a mail client. Unfair!

-- 
Chris

replying to:

On do, feb. 25, 2016 at 1:27 PM, n7eoj@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Due to travel and various platforms available at destinations, I have been using web-based email over 25 years, without problems.  Yahoo! & Google take care of the antivirus protection on their servers. 

Every time there is an OS X or Apple Mail update, I read user problems and am glad I don't.
Occasionally OS X will presume I want to send an email via Mail, but then I have no history on that message.
 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Chris Laarman <chrislaarman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___