Re: [iPad] Mail Client

 

I have been using the free Apple Mail Client since I switched to Apple OS several years ago. No problems. However the latest version of Apple OS X (El Capitan) has really (to me) screwed Apple Mail.
Jerry R. Elkins 

I have been using Apple Mail for about 7 years, including in El Capitan since the betas.
What problems are you having?


If any message is deleted in the archive folder it's deleted everywhere.  Sent messages are always deleted?

My mail server is iCloud, and I use IMAP, so that, with a single exception, all my mail and folders are identical whether I look on my Mac, my iPhone, my iPad, or online.

The one exception is that, on my Mac, I have a folder called "On My Mac" which I use for some archives. This folder appears only on my Mac.

It is the nature, and the design intent, of IMAP that all folders and their contents, will normally be synchronized among all devices accessing that account via IMAP.

It has been a while, and presently I am out of the house, using my iPad, but I remember it as being fairly straightforward to create the "On My Mac" folder. Remember that, since it IS only on your Mac, you won't be able to move mails into it, or into its sub-folders (like "Archives") anywhere BUT on your Mac.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___