Re: [iPad] iPhone 7: Apple plans 'to introduce charging from 15ft'

 

It was more tongue in cheek Jim, but on the other hand, if it charged at 1.6 watts thats probably more than wireless.



From: "Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 22 February 2016 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPhone 7: Apple plans 'to introduce charging from 15ft'

 
Its a meh for me. For some it will save a very small amount of time and inconvenience. 

Then my advice would be: don't use it.
Let others do what they want.

I'd prefer a solar panel somehow built into the screen

I have solar panels built and installed in 2011.
A 5-foot by 3-foot panel generates a MAXIMUM of 235 watts (I have 44 of them).
At that efficiency, a 5-inch by 3-inch panel would generate a maximum of about 1.6 watts.
Obviously, only when it is in good lighting (i.e., not in your pocket).
The standard Apple iPhone charge charges at, I believe, 5 watts.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

.

__,_._,___