Re: [iPad] iPhone 7: Apple plans 'to introduce charging from 15ft'

 

Its a meh for me. For some it will save a very small amount of time and inconvenience. 

Then my advice would be: don't use it.
Let others do what they want.

I'd prefer a solar panel somehow built into the screen

I have solar panels built and installed in 2011.
A 5-foot by 3-foot panel generates a MAXIMUM of 235 watts (I have 44 of them).
At that efficiency, a 5-inch by 3-inch panel would generate a maximum of about 1.6 watts.
Obviously, only when it is in good lighting (i.e., not in your pocket).
The standard Apple iPhone charge charges at, I believe, 5 watts.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___