Re: [iPad] iPad Pro Likely to Ship With iOS 9.1, Suggesting No September Launch Alongside iPhone - Mac Rumors

 

Cool. I don't see that Windows has caused my workflow needs, its the high number of apps that I use. Perhaps a Mission Control use on a Mac would help that? Whether I sed Windows or OSX I still need the apps! Here is a list of em

Billing system. Thats on the LAN
IE 9 with 6 web based apps on tabs for IP address checking/investigation and broadband network access use
Firefox with new billing system and my personal Yahoo webmail, thats two tabs
App for our Incident queue
App for IP addressing system
Communicator for IM internal nationwide staff
App for accessing extra apps that I may or may not need that day, so I don't start them in the morning
Outlook
Docs for various reasons, about 6 Word docs

Laptop, 6GB ram, runs all this stuff concurrently very well attached to a 20" screen.. 

Probably one or two more things but I am back home now. So a bit going on

But the more I think about it, on a Mac, I could use Mission Control, gestures and multiple desktops to switch? Dunno how that works on two screens, and the stuff above resides on two screens in such a way that I can see more at once. 





From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 29 August 2015 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPad Pro Likely to Ship With iOS 9.1, Suggesting No September Launch Alongside iPhone - Mac Rumors

 
Oh I totally understand. And I get that you're not complaining. What I perceive that is happening is that your workflow was created using the Windows environment and therefore depends upon features of that environment. Had your workflow been developed on a Macintosh you would not be in the situation of wanting something that does not exist. But I totally get it, and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything like that. My situation is different, because even at the height of my publishing business career, I never had the need for that many programs open. Photoshop and in design and TextEdit in the most cases were plenty. Certainly I had iTunes open an email open also, along with the truck program, but as far as needed for my workflow a couple applications are plenty


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //



On Aug 28, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Sounds simple and not needed, but when you work witjh many items/docs/apps, it adds up. A lot. I happen to be at work now for a short while resolving a customer fibre issue, and my whole computer workplave is looking at me, rather than being in a situation where I am one app at a time, needing to right click and select all the time. Yes, I can see you thinking WTF is the issue, but when you are working with multiple items, yes, it is a biggie. My Mac in that scenario creates a gap in my mind/workflow that I have to consciously work to access everything. At home, I dont feel that as its a simple workflow, but at work, or at least my work with what I have running all day, its quite huge.

And no, Im not compalining abouti OSX this is one area where Windows is better for access. I can think of others where OSX is better. perhsps its due to Windows being a home, business and coprorate OS, while OSX has been aimed at the home environment   


From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups..com>
Sent: Saturday, 29 August 2015 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPad Pro Likely to Ship With iOS 9.1, Suggesting No September Launch Alongside iPhone - Mac Rumors

 
I totally do not think that I understand. You want to know how to have the Macintosh dog show you what documents are open in the application by hovering? Instead of by right clicking?


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //



On Aug 28, 2015, at 2:21 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
With everything running, My task bar is on the bottom of my screen, or side if I choose. If I hover my cursor over the items in that app appear in a list, I can select, delete from there. On the Mac I need to right click to get a menu. When Im running a lot of stuff its just so much easier. It may not seem like much, but it is. 

The Dock is a list of apps you want to choose to have handy. Windows has that I can pin an app to the task bar. The equivalent is limiting the Dock to less apps, so that when you open docs or sessions, they display on the Dock, for quick access. What displays is a dot that shows that the app is open. As I said, it may appear to be not much benefit, but it is a great benefit. Without trying to appear being critical, it leaves me feel g that in Windows I can access my apps or open docs/sessions easily, on the Mac its like I need to consult the Dock to right click the app to see the docs/sessions. Off course, I am not a Mac expert as you are, we are switched in our abilities on the "other" OS, so feel free to enlighten me for quick access to Mac docs/sessions


From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 29 August 2015 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPad Pro Likely to Ship With iOS 9.1, Suggesting No September Launch Alongside iPhone - Mac Rumors

 
How so?


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //

On Aug 28, 2015, at 1:52 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

For doing work, I prefer Windows, that probably as the task bar does more than OSX's dock.






__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (95)

.

__,_._,___