Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 

Thanks Pat 


From: "Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad Yahoo Yahoo <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 1 May 2015 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 
Here's an article about using a Mac Mini as a media hub that might be of interest to you:


Pat



On Apr 30, 2015, at 5:29 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Yes, I have a 2013 rMBP, as I think you do also 
 
That does seem to be a good solution, I will bone up on that at lunch which is shortly. My rMBP lives on my coffee table, it would make a great remote, although be handy/handier if my iPhone could also be used? I have an Apple TV in the mix as well
 
What I am pondering, is getting all my SVOD onto one device, perhaps a Mac Mini. 
 

  

From: "Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Friday, 1 May 2015 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 
> My potential purchase is to buy a Mac Mini, to use solely as a streaming server from my broadband connection, using apps or websites for SVOD.
>  
> Is there such a thing as remote control fior a Mac Mini? Remote app?

I haven't done this, but you should be able to temporarily connect a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and set it up for "Back to my Mac" so it can then be operated remotely from your Macbook Pro (do I remember that correctly)?

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad  mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com







__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___