Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 

A, so while the ATV does not accept attachable hard drives , you can connect it to a Mac, and it will play what on the Mac (and attached to Mac) ?
 
There is only one ethernet port which I would have to use to my Airport Extreme


From: "Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 1 May 2015 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 
Remote app for ATV works great.  I'm using a 2010 iMac with a 4T HD hooked to it. Home Share is turned on. I can access all my movies through the computer option on the ATV. 

\
   \   /\ 
    (   )            Alice
 .(      ).  lwr32@mac.com



On Apr 30, 2015, at 4:29 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Yes, I have a 2013 rMBP, as I think you do also 
 
That does seem to be a good solution, I will bone up on that at lunch which is shortly. My rMBP lives on my coffee table, it would make a great remote, although be handy/handier if my iPhone could also be used? I have an Apple TV in the mix as well
 
What I am pondering, is getting all my SVOD onto one device, perhaps a Mac Mini. 
 

 

From: "Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 1 May 2015 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Mac Mini Remote

 
> My potential purchase is to buy a Mac Mini, to use solely as a streaming server from my broadband connection, using apps or websites for SVOD.
>
> Is there such a thing as remote control fior a Mac Mini? Remote app?

I haven't done this, but you should be able to temporarily connect a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and set it up for "Back to my Mac" so it can then be operated remotely from your Macbook Pro (do I remember that correctly)?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com





__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

.

__,_._,___