Re: [iPad] RE: confused

 

On 12/17/2013 1:20 AM, Tonya wrote:
>
>
> Interesting ! I don't know what a Palmer's certificate is. I was taught
> to print first, then I was taught "cursive". I did not use a fountain
> pen in school, only at home when trying (in vain) to teach myself
> something close to calligraphy. I *think* geography DOES have to be
> taught, not many people can learn by traveling. History.. hmm , yes I
> believe it is also taught. Welcome Denise.. I love it when someone
> speaks up!
[snip]

I don't know why people are saying that geography and history aren't
taught -- around my area all elementary school students, both public and
private schools, both religious and secular, are taught both geography
and history. Both of my children (one graduated public high school in
2007, the other in 2009) had to learn history in high school, both world
history and American history.

Of course, we all know that history is written by the winners and so
it's one-sided and not always accurate but it is all we have to learn
about the past.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (44)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___