Re: [iPad] iPone/iPad texts

 

There are 2 types of messages that your iPhone/iPad can send: SMS and
iMessage. If you have iMessage turned on, then any message sent to you
also goes to all of your devices which are on the same account,
regardless of phone number. (My iPad doesn't have a phone number but it
gets my iMessages along with my iPhone). If the messages are SMS
messages, they go only to the specific device identified by the phone
number. That's why your husband has gotten some but not all of the
messages intended for you -- since his iPad Mini is set up on your
iTunes account, any messages sent as iMessages from others will go to
his Mini as well as your iPhone and iPad. If the messages from others
are sent as SMS messages, only your iPhone will get them.

On my iPhone, iMessages show up with a blue background and SMS messages
show up with a green background.

At least these are my observations.

David H. Bailey

On 12/26/2013 9:53 AM, patgravel@aol.com wrote:
>
>
> Hi Everyone,
> Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
> My husband bought an iPad Mini two weeks ago and I set it up on my
> iTunes account. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5. What just started to
> happen a couple of days ago was that he is receiving some of my text
> messages. Not all of them, but just some of my responses. I really
> don't mind that he sees them, but how do we change this?
> I do not have my email set up on his iPad, just his email account.
> Thanks for your help.
> ~~Pat Gravel~~
> **Minne-snow-ta** - Zone 4a
> /Flexible people never get bent out of shape! //app/
>
>
>

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___