[iPad] OT - water softener recommendations?

 

Hi and season's greetings to all!

We live in an area with hard water and have a humidifier on our heat pump system that recently died due to scale buildup in the heating tank. We clean it pretty regularly - the last time was about 5 months ago - and the repair person suggested that we get a water softener for our house.

I've done some research and decided that I really don't want a salt-based softener system - I hate the slippery feel of the water.

So, the two options, as far as I can see, are a potassium system or a "really not a softener system" like Pelican or Aquasana.

Does anyone have any experience with water softeners that you would share with me?

I'm a pianist and have 3 grand pianos, and we have the humidifier to help keep the humidity constant and the pianos in tune.

Thanks!

Patti

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___