Re: [iPad] Kindle

 

Is she happy with the e-ink or does she want something with its own
lighting?

Does the K2 have audio (e.g. for audio books & TTS) & if so does she use it?
The new non-Fire e-ink Kindles do not have audio.

Do you need an up-to-date new model or would you consider a refurb (if
available to you)? Refurbs bought from Amazon come with warranty & all.

Also, there is no need to buy a (new) model without offers -- you can see if
the offers bother you (her) & pay to remove them later. I haven't found them
to be any bother, they're only on the opening screen when you first turn
on.

I find the reading on my 1st gen Paperwhite (2012, the original model)
to be just fine -- I never had the problems others have mentioned.
But I do more of my reading on my iPad when I'm at home.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 12:17 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iPad] Kindle

My wife's 2nd generation Kindle will not hold the WiFi signal. It goes on
but after about a minute it automatically shuts off. I tried everything with
Amazon to correct it, including doing a factory default reset and it is
toast.

I know there are a few versions out there and I was looking at the All New
Paperwhite Kindle without offers, but I was wondering if anyone in this
group has a Kindle and what they use and recommend.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (24)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___