Re: [iPad] iPhone5 Hotspot Update

 

I was the other Tony that used USB . It's strange. Tethering never an issue plus providers here in NZ allow tethering for free so not a provider issue. I will google later to see if anyone finds a solution. On my laptop I am on wpa2-psk with aes encryption which is common 

Sent from my iPhone 5 


On 31/01/2013, at 9:37 AM, Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

I've used a iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0.1) and iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.2) with two different Windows 7 laptops. No problems.

I'm interested in your results with iOS 6.1.

I think it's cool that the other Tony was able to use it with a USB connection. I saw that feature but didn't try it.

Ted

Sent from my iPad 3

On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:43 AM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 

Riiight

Turned on hotspot on my 4S, that always worked fine for my Win 7 laptop, no go. The 4S is on 6.01, my 5 is on 6.02, so the issue is iOS 6.0x. Oddly the 4S shows as on 802.11g I thought that was N? The 5 shows N

If I set either iPhone to hotspot, the other iPhone connects to it fine to the interne



From: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2013 5:16 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] iPhone5 Hotspot Update

 

Interesting. If I use my 5 as a hotspot, my Win7 laptop connects, but not to the internet. My 4S was fine. I have my 4S still and two iPads so will test soon.
Tony
NZ

Hmm?
It connects, but "not to the internet". What *does* it connect to?



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (33)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___