Re: [iPad] OT Hurricane Sandy

 

"Below sea level" should be a good indication to those who understand and can comprehend English.   Living on an Island might be another indication...   Just general word cues.

 

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`Sharon H. 
http://akakery.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/cyntsationalproductions


 

 


From: Ed <huckleberryed@gmail.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:31 PM
Subject: RE: [iPad] OT Hurricane Sandy



I would surmise one reason is the "wolf syndrome".   Governments often play it safe and issue evacuation warnings for events that never turn serious or deadly for these neighborhoods.  After awhile,  People tend to discount such warnings.  Then again,  even during serious events,  the likelihood of facing death because one stayed at home is still minimal.    I hear 30 people so far have died due to Sandy ….. but out of how many ten's of millions?   I'd bet top dollar that most people did not evacuate.    Some may suffer some,  but most made out fairly well despite the event.  Additionally,  it's a matter of common sense, too.  If I don't live in a flood zone,  I don't worry so much about my personal safety on flood warnings issued for my neighbors.
 
…just my thoughts at the moment…..
 
Ed   in Oregon …. Out of Flood zone,  hopefully out of Tsunami inundation zone,  out of potential fire zones….   Sturdy home that hopefully could survive the potential 9.0 earthquake sitting right off our coast.  Sure hope to never find out.
 
 
 
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of twenty pearls
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:32 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] OT Hurricane Sandy
 
 
That is the million dollar question.  
 

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`
Sharon H. 
http://akakery.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/cyntsationalproductions

 

 
 

From: Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] OT Hurricane Sandy
 


Why is it in a mandatory evacuation do people stay? I'm very selfish and Rob knows that in an evac situation I'm leaving. I'll walk if I have to. I won't stay if Rob status. I take the 2 dogs, a set of clothes, my iPad, iPhone and MBA and I'm gone to a safe place away from the danger. Rob agrees. We can always get another house someday.
\
\ /\
( ) Alice
.( ). whiterabbit32@gmail.com

JR <jrosen82@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 
To those in the path of this storm... don't let the category size of this storm fool you. All Hurricanes are dangerous.

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I have a sister with her family in Raleigh, NC. It looks as though they may have missed the worst of this, but there's plenty of storm to go around.

May the Lord bless you all and keep you! Even in the worst storms, may His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up His countenance to you, and give you peace.
Numbers 6:25-26

I'll be praying for you!

God Bless You All!

J R Rosen
 
 




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___