Re: [iPad] Fight! Amazon Takes the Gloves off Against Apple’s iPad Mini

 

I wasn't offended. Just asking. I know back in the day nerd was considered offensive to some. Geek is a name I'm personally proud of ;-)
\
\ /\
( ) Alice
.( ). whiterabbit32@gmail.com

Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

 

No offense was intended.  And no 'geek' isn't considered deragatory, only descriptive.


The point was that the techies, geeks as it were, do not really define the personal computer/tablet/smartphone market any more.

Lloyd

On Oct 30, 2012, at 3:18 PM, whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Yes, I'm seeing my geekdom more and more everyday LOL is "geek" still considered a bad term for us? I don't think so. 

\
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5

On Oct 29, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Just Murray <krismurray@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Non geeks do not care about supposed crippled its true.  You are a geek. You are a niche. 

~KLM
\,,/ 01001100 01001111 01001100 \,,/

On Oct 29, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I could be wrong Lloyd but I disagree with iPad vs Amazon. I'd say iPad vs Google Nexus 7. The reason being, Amazon has crippled the Android software running on their tablets making it so you can not download from other sources like Google Play Store. Google Nexus 7 is true Android Jelly Bean. Granted, IMHO, the iPad is better, easier to use and the apps look much better.
\
\ /\
( ) Alice
.( ). whiterabbit32@gmail.com

Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

 

I've been in the Apple ecosystem for a very long time so I wouldn't consider the Fire.  But if I wasn't, Amazon would certainly be a consideration.  While Amazon's current ecosystem isn't quite up to Apple's, it is moving in the right direction.


I've said in other forums that the two winners in touchpads over the long term will be Apple and Amazon, both because they have or are working strongly, on the ecosystem.

The more generic Android market just isn't there at all imo, especially on touchpads.  Most apps are still designed around the touchphone screen and the market is a mess.

Lloyd

On Oct 29, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

http://www.padgadget.com/2012/10/29/fight-amazon-takes-the-gloves-off-against-apples-ipad-mini/#.UI6XGX4TBaA.mailto

I like Amazon and their ecosystem, especially since they've made parts of it work on the iPad. I have a Kindle Fire from last year, but ended up giving it to my wife for book/magazine reading.

Ted

Sent from my iPad 3







__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___