RE: [iPad] Postings & Near-Spam

 

I am pretty fortunate and don't see spam here either.

I run a few sites. One a powerking tractor site with over 3000 members. The
only spam that I get there (which I cannot seem to filter) of the Canadian
Pharmacy URL's that seem to generate from peoples emails.

In those cases, those message make it through to my membership....only once.
I put them on moderation and them email them because most don't know this is
happening until someone tells them.

BTW...I sit on my tractor...and when the path is straight enough and long
enough...I pull out my iphone and read the messages about the ipad. Less
than 5 MPH...so that is pretty easy to do.

Thanks

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim
Saklad
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:06 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Postings & Near-Spam

> I was wondering about the great number of posings to this Forum, compared
with other sites with a similar membership. Then I realised just how much
spam, semi-spam and off-topic stuff manages to get past the Moderator's
filter. There is so much that it is becoming more and more difficult to
separate the wheat from the chaff.
> Mike O'R

1. I don't get any spam from this forum.
2. OT posts are specifically welcomed by the list-owner/moderator, by
policy.
3. You can always go make your own list, with your own policies, as Kris did
here.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___