Re: [MacBook] Parallels for Desktop 5

 

I have Vista Ultimate on Boot Camp, and recently installed VMware Fusion so I could call it up quickly while working. It picked up the existing Boot Camp partition, even while unmounted/hidden, and worked perfectly the first time.

It's all about testing and obscure hardware. Step-father had a Samsung phone which didn't do standard USB or Bluetooth browsable device, but he needed to get 30+ photos off without paying $0.40 per MMS text message to his own email address (as recommended by AT&T). A $1 cable and free Win software from samsung.com: Done. And for me this week, a web design project where not only was IE6 compatibility still important (worldwide commerce), but it uncovered some CSS typos (extra semicolons) that Safari and Firefox politely ignored.

And... that's about it. Also glad to finish the QA run, shut it down, and rub my eyes to get the harshness out.

G

On 31 Aug 2010, at 2:27 PM, Barry Freeman wrote:

> I have Win 7 Home Premium installed on Bootcamp. Runs fine, though it continues to amaze me why people run it out of choice. It's always with a sigh of relief when I can boot back into OS X.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___