Re: [iPad] Screen Protectors + Cases

 

I for a while I was not in favor of a screen protector, but relented
and tried to put one on myself (a Zagg) with utter failure. Part of
my failure came from the instructions not to let any of the supplied
liquid on the screen and just spray a little of the Zagg film and
fingers - so I had the same problem as Jay. But later on a Zagg kiosk
set up outside our local Apple Store and I described my failure - the
guy said the Zagg instructions were all screwed up and offered to
recover my Zagg film which by that time was way too late, as in
crumpled in the garbage can. So I had him put on a shield - he
generously wetted his fingers, the shield on both sides and the iPad
screen - then he proceeded to put on the shield. Result - perfection,
no bubbles or wrinkles. Am I pleased with the shield - yes cubed.

As for cases, by wife is knitting a shoulder sling case carry-all.
Now all I have to do is convince her I should be able to video-cam the
case and usage including the fashion shot (she is currently scoffing
at my brainstorm) - but really wouldn't that make a great You Tube
presentation. And post the pattern details here.

John Ferman
jferma001@q.com

On Aug 30, 2010, at 7:55 AM, iPad@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> 7a. Screen Protectors - pluses and minuses
> Posted by: "jaylevineipad" jaylevine.ipad@gmail.com jaylevineipad
> Date: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:25 pm ((PDT))
>
> Hi everyone. I want people's opinion on using a screen protector. I
> purchased the Zagg invisible shield and promptly had it stick to
> itself during installation. To the company's credit, they did give
> me another at no cost. I also bought some Chinese ones from Amazon.
> They are ok, but not a perfect fit.
>
> I have been working without anything for a while and like it. I use
> a stylus on the screen and I am wondering if with a protector will I
> have a sensitivity problem that the stylus wont work.
>
> I have the basic Apple case on the iPad so I am wondering do I even
> need anything on it.
>
> I am sure there are many different opinions so I am open to all
> suggestions.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Jay

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___