[iPad] Re: New Member / Ipad stuck in Recovery Mode

 


http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4097

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275

These articles may help you in getting your ipad recognized. I had a similar thing happen to my iphone 3GS recently and went through these support articles to finally get the iphone recognized. I had to restore as new device and reload on my apps, photos, music, etc ... lost some of my settings. But all worked and was able to get it to work again.

The instructions should work for ipad as well.

joan

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Gillen" <tgillen4@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> My name is Tom Gillen, and I am a new member. I purchased an ipad on May
> 8, 2010. Now, almost four months later, after synching and and updating
> firmware last Friday (8/27/10), my ipad is stuck in Recovery Mode, and I
> can't get it out. My ipad is password protected. Could this be the
> problem? My computer, nor iTunes, will detect my ipad. Am I now the
> proud owner of a 1.6 pound brick, or is there a way to get my ipad out
> of recovery mode? Even when I run 'Find My Ipad' in Mobile Me, it says
> it's unable to locate it. I've tried everything to try and restore it,
> and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> --Tom
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___