Re: [iPad] updateing to iOS 11

 

As long as you're on wifi and have at least 50% battery, you should be fine updating wirelessly. I've only had to plug in once that I can remember for an update after wireless updating became available. At that time, I got a message telling me to update.


  \
    \  /\ 
    (   )            Alice
 .(      ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Oct 12, 2017, at 3:33 PM, Christopher Collins iphone@analogdigital.com.au [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

And I think from memory, Apple also requires it to be plugged into a charger OR have more than 50% power available.


cjc

On 13 Oct 2017, at 9:26 am, Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>> Hi to the group. Just got an Ipad Pro today (with cellular data application). Question: After I got it home I was going to update to iOS 11 and it keeps telling me there was an error in trying to update. As I said I just got it home and out of the box about 2 hours ago. Should I wait for a bit before trying this? Just curious...
>> JamesM.
> 
> I'd check your WiFi first. If that's OK and you can reach and read several web sites, then yes, I'd wait a few hours and try updating again. If it fails again, you might call Apple or take the iPad back to the store.

Hopefully you are trying to do the update over Wifi.
It is over 1 GB, and Apple *requires* a Wifi connection for updates.

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad  mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com


Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___