Re: [iPad] How to set up and use SMS/MMS relay to send and receive texts on your iPad | iMore

 

Thank you Pat.  My iPads (3 of them over the years) have all been cellular models, yet that hasn't seem to make a difference for me.  I must be missing a correct setting somewhere.  When I attempt to sent a text to a non-Apple device, the phone number I have typed in turns red, and when I type my sessage, the send button does not respond (as if it was grayed out).

Linda



On Oct 22, 2017, at 7:15 AM, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

You can also opt for an iPad with cellular connectivity and you would then be able to message everyone just as you can do with a cellular phone.  Each model of iPad offers that feature. Here's an example:  https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7/128gb-space-gray-wifi-cellular

Pat

On Oct 22, 2017, at 8:02 AM, 'Mary Leek' mleek@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Thank you for your helpful comment. Yes, this apparently seems to be the case here with me, too. What a bummer. I'd no idea I could not message everyone using the iPad. Not everyone in my family is strictly Apple. Have to give this some thought and do a bit of research. I may have to return the iPad and go with another brand. 

 

Mary

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] 
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 1:13 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] How to set up and use SMS/MMS relay to send and receive texts on your iPad | iMore

It appears that this method works only if you have both an iPhone and an iPad, because you need the iPhone to relay the non-Apple messages to the iPad. I only have an iPad, and have never found a way to send messages from my iPad to non-Apple users.

Linda





__._,_.___

Posted by: Linda McCann <lmcarea51@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___