Re: [iPad] Safe screen cleaner?

 

Same hardness. Or so
I thought. Sorry. I was typing fast. I thought they grew the sapphire glass in chunks and then cut it. Maybe I'm confusing things. Maybe the gorilla glass is not 9 on my MOHs hardness scale like sapphire. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla_Glass doesn't tell me the hardness. 


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //

On Jul 14, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

> Sand is Quartz and softer than sapphire which Is basically what gorilla glass is. Quartz is a 7 and sapphire a 9 if I remember correctly. Garnet is an 8 and that's what most sand paper is. Again. If I remember correctly.
> KLM

Okay, Kris, If Gorilla Glass™ and sapphire are essentially the same (in fact, they are not), why has Apple been making the extra effort to put sapphire on the camera lens and home button of recent model iPhones?

The single greatest difference is that sapphire is crystalline, and therefore brittle, while glass is … a glass (an amorphous, non-crystalline solid).

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Kris Murray <krismurray@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (27)

.

__,_._,___