Re: [iPad] iOS9 Public Beta

 

> I have a USB 3 external I can use, although that will then become a fresh install I assume. Not much point in that though. I have a CCC backup if I had to go back, does that come with any caveats re restoring from a beta?

I have a 500 GB SSD in a USB-3 external case. which makes beta-testing a lot easier (because of the speed of writing to it).

I always try cloning my main drive to it, then updating the installation to the beta. This is a test. If everything works well, I just continue testing with that. If there seems to be a problem, I wipe it and do a "clean" installation on the empty drive, then use Migration Assistant to move my files over.

As it happened this time, Mail didn't work with the first setup attempt, so I did the wipe-and-clean install. Mail still didn't work. Then along came an ElCap update, and *then* Mail worked.

> As regards the iPhone, a 6 plus, that can easily be restored back, either by DFU or restoring to the ipsw file.
>
> OTOH is it really worth it for both? Probably not given they are probably out in Sept

That has to be your judgment.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___