Re: [iPad] Traveling with iPad

 

i took my first trip without my laptop and just my ipad.

I am not in a marriott and they charge $14.95 a day for wireless. I have the 3G that I paid a month worth of service..but I found it to be slow...and even dropped numerous times. I have since bought the the wifi...and no problems.

BUT....to your answer...I chose the hotel wireless...and it came up just like a laptop would..asking for a code...or money. I had no code...but had the money.

I think you will be fine.

Enjoy.

Bill

Sent from my att wireless tablet!

On Feb 27, 2011, at 2:58 PM, "twofurrycats" <hodges22@verizon.net> wrote:

> I just found out that the resort I'll be staying at has a hot spot for wireless laptop users in their pool area. I'll be 2 floors above it. They state, "Ask in the office for the access code. If logging on by telephone modem, make sure to use a local access number or you will be charged for long distance usage". I'm a brand new user, so please bear with me. Does this mean I can log onto my iPad with this without purchasing a plan from AT & T or Verizon? Also, how to I connect this way?
>
> Thanks. Sue
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___