Re: [iPad] THANK YOU (was HELP - iPad died)

On Feb 27, 2011, at 12:42 PM, Anne <none_such@verizon.net> wrote:

> You guys are the best! In desperation, I called Apple tech support last night. I really thought that my iPad was gone for good (and was a little embarrassed that I felt so panicked at the thought). After initially speaking to a tech support guy who said that he would "look it up," I spoke with a supervisor who advised me to do just what you said (hold down the sleep and home buttons simultaneously till the Apple logo appeared – I now know that this is a hard reset).

Is there an echo in here!? LOL. Glad you got it going. Short of a
mechanical or hardware failure happening, which I hadn't seen
personally, these iPads are pretty stable, JailBroken or regular. The
described procedure will fix most reported hangs, lock ups and
appearance of dead iPad devices.

I have been there before and it can cause a panic the first time it
happens. It is magnified when it happens to someone's iPad while in
your hands and they are even more clueless and you are. I've been
there too. I've been stuck at the Apple logo, stuck with the sync
icon, stuck at the none responding black screen and all were recovered
with a series of holding the buttons until it snaps out of the trance.
Welcome back iPad.

Thanks,

Carl W. Brooks
iAmThereforeiPad, Founder and Chief Editor

iPad News, Reviews and How-To-Dos.
We help make your iPad experience Magical through information!
http://www.iamthereforeipad.com


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
iPad-digest@yahoogroups.com
iPad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
iPad-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/