[iPad] Disappearing Mail

 

     Okay, major head-scratcher for me at least. I am sent more than one copy today of an official Email with crucial information from AAA (American Automobile Association). It does not arrive for several hours despite being sent early this afternoon. Then just now I check mail (AppleMail) on both iPhone 6s and iPad 4, both running OS 10.2.1. For a fleeting second or two, I see the specified Email appear as the newest one received, at which point it disappears without my touching anything. I search all the various possible mailboxes like Junk, Archive and Trash, and even Sent and VIP, but the mail is gone. The same behavior occurred on both iDevices. I then have AAA resend it, and 1) it never shows up on AppleMail, but does arrive without problem on a different Email address I give them unrelated to iCloud. I forward it from my second Email back to my original iCloud address and it stays in the Inbox this time without disappearing. 
Anybody care to hazard a guess? Never seen this behavior before on any Email address I've had in 25 years. 
Thanks,
Dick
-----------------------
Richard E. Johnson, MD

Sent from my iPad 4
iOS 10.2.1

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Richard Johnson, MD" <recmsoj1@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___