Re: [iPad] Re: Apple TV question

 

Rights.

Imagine if all the cable networks, or for that matter any network, all had the same content. So they differentiate themselves by having content that is exclusive. The pity is I may like 4 series, and all four may be on a different provider, so I now pay for four providers. Fragmentation. 



From: "Devitt devittad@comcast.net [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 1 December 2016 2:47 PM
Subject: [iPad] Re: Apple TV question

 
I have a feeling the cable companies block networks from offering their content independently.  If networks were available independently who would choose to pay for the blocks of hundreds that cable companies bundle and charge up the nose for?  I'd bet most people only view a few.  The rest are useless.  But we are stuck with paying for them anyway.

CD

There has to be a happy medium. After getting an Apple TV and finding I watched mainly the different TV apps, like AMC etc rather than cable, I figured I was paying too much and shut off cable.  As it stands now cord cutters don't have a lot of options. We'd like to be able g to choose the networks we want, download their apps and watch. Even if that charge a bit. $6 a month for the CBS app, $10 with no commercials. That's fine for me. I don't know why other networks can't do the same. 

-------- Original message --------
From: "Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com
Date:11/29/2016 12:33 AM (GMT-07:00) 
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com 
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Apple TV question 

To be fair, you cut your cord. Did you check whats available after that? A cable provider may have rights to the show, so its there only. That's fair

From: "Alice lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com 
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2016 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Apple TV question

I love thatI can notATV had lots of TV network apps. What's maddening is that I am a cord cutter and quite a few of the nenetworks won't let me watch without a cable provider.

-------- Original message --------


Sent from my iPad 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (40)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___