Re: [iPad] iPhone 7+ battery drain

 

I have found that may apps can end up using battery life. Do a search on google. Such as:

http://www.iphonelife.com/content/these-popular-apps-are-draining-your-iphone-battery-heres-how-to-stop-them

Mary Davidson

On Nov 9, 2016, at 5:02 PM, Christopher Collins iphone@analogdigital.com.au [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

As I understand it, airplane mode turns off bluetooth, wifi & cellular operation. Nothing else. The phone still runs as normal as it can without a data connection.

cjc

> On 10 Nov 2016, at 7:14 AM, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> When you put it in airplane mode, I do believe that things will try to update overnight, so the processor will still run. You might want to turn off background processing totally at night or simply turn the phone off. you do need to turn off your phone every once in a while for a half hour or five minutes, anything. And, no, I do not have any studies to back that up but from dealing with calls at a telephone call center many times just a simple restart fixes the problem. That lends itself to the theory that you should turn your phone off every once in a while. Those are my thoughts
>
> ~KLM
> \\ "The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Albert Einstein //
>
> On Nov 9, 2016, at 9:26 AM, Tim Meidroth timmeidroth@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> i can relate to carol's concern...my iphone6s was at 1 percent this morning after sitting unused on standby for about 24 hours...i've read just about every "tips for battery life" article there is but nothing --- or combination of things --- extends my battery charge significantly...it hardly seems realistic that i'd have to charge my phone every day when it's on standby most of the time...for what it's worth, my wife's iphone5s stays charged far longer than my phone --- and she uses her phone (mostly for texting and phone calls) so much more than i do it would be hard to quantify, but easily triple what i use...makes me wonder if there's a relationship between higher usage and battery life...thoughts?
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> For the what it's worth department, I charge all of my iOS devices at the same time every day regardless of where the battery measurement stands. You cannot overcharge these devices.
>>
>>
>> Pat
>>
>>> On Nov 9, 2016, at 8:05 AM, Carol floridabouvs@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> My. Ew iPhone 7+ 128 g is going through battery faster than I think it should.
>>> Last night it was 78%, so I put it on airplane mode and shut down everything open. This morning it was 62% battery.
>>> Not sure what else to do, it I don't want to be charging it every night when it is only down a bit, yet I need it to last the entire next day. Is there something that could still be draining battery on airplane mode?
>>> Thanks.
>>> Carol
>>>

__._,_.___

Posted by: mary davidson <mary.davidson@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___