Re: [iPad] New Apple TV with Apps & Siri Coming in June

 

With respect to Alice, as she mentioned she is overthinking streaming. Streaming is like having a hard drive attached to your TV, containing thousands and thousands of hours viewing. That MASSIVE hard drive is located elsewhere, so we stream from it, over the internet, to our device and TV. No need to store anything as we do on DVR as its always there and available.


From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March 2015 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] New Apple TV with Apps & Siri Coming in June

 
Stream at a certain time? WTF? No way. Err. I hope not. That would be worse than ugly. 


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //



On Mar 24, 2015, at 12:35 AM, Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I was referring to the way the TV channels do it. On the ATV now it's OnDemand programming.  I was thinking current episodes of a show would stream at a certain time, not OnDemand. I DVR the current shows I watch, like Bates Motel, Better Call Saul since I work at the time they air. If the new ATV only did that, I'd miss shows I like.  I could be over thinking the whole streaming thing. 


Sent from Mailbox


On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
I guess two people can be binging and on different eps
 
Alices email implied that she can either stream or binge watch them all at once, which implied storing them?  Maybe I read her post wrong, but if you can stream, the need or desire to store content disappears. In effect we are "storing" at the stream provider, Netflix, Hulu etc.
 
Oddly, Netflix is arriving in NZ on 31 March. NZ$9-99 for a single, SD stream, ot $12-99 for an HD dual stream, $ 15.99 for a four stream 4k service. I assuem this is close to US pricing
 
I will be cancelling my Sky Satellite after the Cricket World Cup. Thats a $94.99 saving


From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 23 March 2015 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] New Apple TV with Apps & Siri Coming in June

 
How could you watch two episodes at once? Wouldn't it be hard to follow the plot? 


~KLM
\\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //



On Mar 22, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Terry Pogue tpogue@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
You can't watch two episodes at the same time. When I binge watch House Of cards after I finish the first episode I click on number 2 it downloads and I start watching it before it finishes, 


latest photos at http://www.flickr.com/terrypogue

On Mar 22, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

It would have to be streaming only wouldn't it?   But you can still binge watch, as just stream one after the other.
 
If you do not stream, how can you binge watch like you do now?


From: "Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <ipad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 23 March 2015 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] New Apple TV with Apps & Siri Coming in June

 
I'm wondering if the the new channels Apple will be offering will be streaming only or if we can choose a season of a show and binge watch like we do now. 


Sent from Mailbox


On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Something to look forward to:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/03/20/new-apple-tv-with-apps-siri-coming-in-june/

Very affordable, fortunately.

We dropped cable long ago, relying just on over-the-air and Apple TV. We also have both Roku 3 and Chromecast, but the TV watcher, my wife, uses only the Apple, so far as I know. It used to be a little flaky, since we use only wifi and since the access point was weak, but since getting an Asus router, throughput has been much better, and, I suspect, there have been few or no buffering waits.









__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___