Re: [iPad] Re: selling an iPad

 

I called apple today and got a wonderful tech who stayed on the phone and made sure I was with someone at AT&T who could help. You do have to call AT&T to remove have them remove what they call a phone number which is associated with your iPad. They can find the number they need if you give them the serial number of your iPad or keep the letter they send you when you first set up the plan.

Once he had done that he could change my email as I wanted. Again it was not something I could do. AT&T has to do it. The only other thing he did tell me that when I sell it I must tell the people setting it up for the first time if there is any problem they might have to buy a new SIM Card at either the Apple Store or the AT&T store. The card cost $25.
So for those of you that haven't known that I hope this helps.
terry

 Terry Pogue 

My Foodie Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrypogue/collections/

On Sep 27, 2010, at 3:07 PM, Joan wrote:

> Do you have a local AT&T store where you can call or drop by to get your answer? My local AT&T store is very knowledgeable and helpful.
>
>
> --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:
>>
>> I called Apple and was told I'd have to talk to AT&T to take care of this and they gave me a number to call. Each time I call it they say to hold on while they transfer my call. Lots of beeps later and the a silence, then rings and an operator saying those dreaded words, "if you want to make a call please hang up etc"
>> Grrrrr. The number Apple gave me was 1 866 640 5125
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___