Re: [iPad] Cloud computing

 

Or telling the maid what color your shirt is and what hairstyle you have. Or what your credit score is. All stuff that can be gotten by knowing your home addres and approximate age and name. 

~KM
----
Spewed from My Advanced Silicon, Plastic & Metal Computational Device Designed to Do Things Such as This While Mobile and Make It Appear Unremarkably Simple

On Sep 27, 2010, at 1:22 PM, timmytheimpaler@gmail.com wrote:

 

Given that the data is transmitted OTA, I guess its more like leaving the keys under the welcome mat...and then posting a note on the door telling her where they are.




"I may die a beggar, but with the Grace of God, I will not die a slave.
I will not be filed, stamped, briefed, debriefed, or numbered...
My life is my own."


From: pdw <pdworkman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:56:09 -0600
Subject: Re: [iPad] Cloud computing

No, more like giving them to the maid.

Pam

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM, <timmytheimpaler@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I've just never had enough trust to entrust my data to third parties. I don't particularly understand people who do. It's like hanging your house keys on a hook outside your door.




"I may die a beggar, but with the Grace of God, I will not die a slave.
I will not be filed, stamped, briefed, debriefed, or numbered...
My life is my own."


Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:27:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [iPad] Cloud computing

Couldn't agree more. 

On Sep 27, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Patrick Gallagher <wpgallagher.home@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I'm not sure of the boundary between cloud and other intern-hosted services, but  whatever they're called I get much utility from cloud-linked Address Book and iCal, and Gmail. Also SmugMug, Dropbox, iDisk, Evernote, and Mint.


Patrick


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___