Re: [iPad] Cloud computing

 

I am using a number of those as well.

I just got my iPhone 4 and the camera is so nice.  The camera on my previous phone would freeze up the phone, and wouldn't work with Evernote, so I am having fun with it now.  Such good resolution you can probably use it as a pocket scanner.

Also using Toodledo and Pocket Informant, FeeddlerRSS to access my Google Reader on whichever iDevice, Words for Friends, of course, Facebook, Documents to Go (together with Sugar Sync or other Cloud computing documents).

I did finally break down and get a menstrual calendar, I am using My Cycles and it does sync across devices.  And yes, it is password protected, and the (flower) icon is simply labelled "MC". 

Of my book readers, I know that Kindle and iBooks will sync the page you are reading across devices.  I don't know if any of the rest of them will.  My scripture study program syncs notes and highlights across. 

It's too bad GoodReader doesn't sync across devices.  That would be nice. 

Roboform and Bookmarks keep my passwords and delicious bookmarks synced.  SugarSync keeps the important directories on my PC's synced with the iOS devices. 

I am just trying out ScanBizCards, which will sync but looks like it may need a subscription. Not sure that I need it to, sync it will drop information into Contacts, which does sync. 

Solaro, a homeschool program we use syncs across devices.  Too bad that SmartNote and StoryKit don't. 

Pam

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Patrick Gallagher <wpgallagher.home@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I'm not sure of the boundary between cloud and other intern-hosted services, but  whatever they're called I get much utility from cloud-linked Address Book and iCal, and Gmail. Also SmugMug, Dropbox, iDisk, Evernote, and Mint.


Patrick

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___