Re: [iPad] News App split screen hell

 

Slide windows are ready for me. I like them. Sometimes I accidently invoke split windows and have a hard time finding the tiny X in the upper left corner of one of the windows to close it.

\
  \  /\
  (   )           Alice
.(     ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Nov 19, 2017, at 8:00 AM, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

My learning method was to open a slide-over window (I like dragging an app up from the dock) a few times a day and then swiping it away just to learn the process without having to look it up each time.  My memory is not the greatest so this method works for me.


Pat

On Nov 19, 2017, at 7:54 AM, Terry Pogue tpogue@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I think I'll use it, or some of it, once I do it enough to remember how to get rid of windows. I have no idea why I have such an issue remembering this. 

Sent from iPad Pro

> On Nov 19, 2017, at 1:45 AM, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
>> On Nov 18, 2017, at 11:22 PM, Patrica Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Perhaps this video will help:
> 
> I can always look it up. The irritating thing is that I encounter this so seldom that when it happens I've forgotten what I learned when it happened previously - months ago. If it were intuitive, there'd be no problem, but (for me, at least) it is not. Feature clutter.
> 
> Come to think of it, those at Apple who direct the designing of their UIs may believe that feature clutter is good for Apple, since, because it compels users to go to the bother of learning and memorizing a complicated proprietary UI, it will lock in a user base. Maybe. But maybe they just don't care about the user experience enough to dumb it down to a simple intuitive core command cluster. Maybe it's taken for granted that continuing to add novel features is the only way they can keep their products sexy. Pfui.
> 
> —
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
> ------------------------------------
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo Groups Links
> 
> 
> 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___