Re: [iPad] iCloud Backup and Restore

 

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings on your old iPad.  After it is erased and you begin the setup process, you will be asked if you want to restore it from an iCloud backup and you can choose the iPad Pro.  Before beginning, be sure that your iPad Pro has been backed up to iCloud.  Click on your name in Settings and then iCloud>iCloud Backup where you will see when it was last backed up or you can choose to back up now.  Enjoy your new Pro!


Pat

On Nov 18, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Janet Arnott janetarnott@blueyonder.co.uk [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Some of you may remember my Mail app 'froze' on me when trying to send an email with a video, but my other mail app was fine. Whatever I did never resolved the siruation, a shame as I really like the Mail app. I treated myself to an iPad Pro and yesterday successfully backed up everything from old iPad to iCloud, then when I first got new iPad going download what I backed up on iCloud to new iPad. Next question is how do I 'do the reverse'. I looking in 'Settings' on old iPad and have found Reset All Settings, Reset All Contents and Settings, and Reset Network Settings. When I've looked in iCloud settings I can't see anything about restoring stuff from iCloud. When I googled it the info seemed to relate to models newer that my iPad which is model FC770ZP/A, using V9.3.5. Am I correct in thinking if I choose one of the reset options, when I start the iPad back up it will do what new iPad did, ask if I want to restore from iCloud? I'm very wary of trying anything as I'm not too sure what I'd be doing and am concerned I would totally mess up what is otherwise a very good iPad.
Thanks.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___