Re: [iPad] Touch and home screen

 

What is it that I am not understanding about Touch ID on iOS 10 to unlock my iPad?  I have the passcode turned on.  I touch the home button to unlock and about half the time it still asks for my passcode.  Does my fingerprint not work any more for that function or am I missing something.

Currently (September 2016), Apple's TouchID pages says:
You might need to enter your passcode or Apple ID instead of using Touch ID for one of these reasons:
• If you've just restarted your device
• If your fingerprint isn't recognized five times in a row
• If you haven't unlocked your device in more than 48 hours 
• If you've just enrolled or deleted fingerprints
• If you're trying to open Touch ID & Passcode in the Settings menu
 
I seem to remember that at one point it would require the passcode if the device hadn't been used at all for 8 hours, but I don't think that is still the case.

-- 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Jim Saklad                                           mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___