Re: [iPad] iOS 10 - long wait, mail gripes, irritating key clicks

 

I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I didn't LOL! I like the original emojis in Messages. I'm glad they're bigger now. I don't use them often but do once in awhile. I haven't been c

  \
    \  /\ 
    (   )            Alice
 .(      ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Sep 18, 2016, at 11:29 AM, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 



On Sep 18, 2016, at 11:35 AM, Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Seems Apple is forgetting all about us seniors and soon to be seniors. How many of us older folks will be using stickers 1-2 months from now? 
Alice

I have no use for them; I haven't downloaded any.

But I have no objection to their availability for those who are 50-60 years younger and desire them.

In what way am I being forgotten about?

Speaking for myself, the continual fiddling with features - "improving", adding, complicating - is confusing, disorienting.  Novelty seems to be the impetus:  keep the customers interested with new, cool stuff.  I understand that from a marketing point of view, but I'm a user, not a marketer or a shareholder.

I appreciate changes that truly improve something - higher quality optics in the camera, for example - but "improvement" for novelty's sake can be much more annoying than helpful. A good model may be the Kindle app, which changes hardly at all, but does a few essential things very well.

Kids love novelty.  Many or most older people, I think, find much of it unpleasant.  Imagine, if you will, auto manufacturers who made major changes to the driver controls in every new model.  For me, iDevices are tools, not toys.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (30)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___