Re: [iPad] Re: iOS 10 - long wait, mail gripes, irritating key clicks

 

I agree. I haven't upgraded yet, I hope I can turn off unwanted features like this. I want to read messages not play with it



From: "Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 18 September 2016 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: iOS 10 - long wait, mail gripes, irritating key clicks

 
Seems Apple is forgetting all about us seniors and soon to be seniors. How many of us older folks will be using stickers 1-2 months from now? 

\
  \  /\
  (   )           Alice
.(     ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Sep 14, 2016, at 8:11 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
My 12yo grand daughter tells me its epic!

Whikle its clear Apple is wanting to make iOS more hip with the younger social emgineering ( I mean networking, or do I ) generation, they are failing by fixing one thing and breaking another.

As per Davids gripes, add something,  thats great, but leave the option for the previous iteration of the setting or feature, as and where possible

You cant please everyone all the time, but dont decide to please one group and ignore the rest



From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2016 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: iOS 10 - long wait, mail gripes, irritating key clicks

 
I'll wait. 

~KLM
\\ "The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Albert Einstein //

On Sep 14, 2016, at 8:36 PM, Terry Pogue tpogue@comcast.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I'm not loving it....yet. But I usually feel that way until I catch up with the learning curve. I was hoping that my Apple "pencil" would work in mail. Both my iPads are Pro. But it doesn't. 
I have a few too many mail folders. It's okay on the small pro but it's three panes in the large one. That's one too many. I can probably change that. Right now I'm getting the "conversations" linked which I hate. People tend not to change the subject line and the messages get lost in the jumble.
Terry



"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can.. In all the ways you can."


On Sep 14, 2016, at 10:20 PM, David Smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Forgot two other mail irritants.  The "archive all" and "trash all" options seem to be gone.

And it may not matter to anyone, but replies are now in separate windows.

Can't be April Fool.  It's September.


On Sep 14, 2016, at 10:08 PM, David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com> wrote:


When upgrading my old (A8X processor) iPad to iOS 10 a few minutes ago, the progress bar on the first Apple-logo-and-progress-bar screen made it to within three hairs' breadth of the end and stayed there for a *long* time.  That's OK, apparently, because it eventually finished.

The iOS 10 changes in mail are a headache for me.  If you have a lot of mail accounts with a lot of folders, you'll see what I mean.  If not, the iOS 10 change will probably be no big deal for you.  I do not see what the changes improve, though.  Thoughts?

The new key click sounds are irritating for me, so I turned them off.  Too bad, because I liked the old click sound.  No options besides on and off.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that there are new design people in charge at Apple, and they and I are *not* in sync.  Paranoid?  Time will tell.

Interesting that the iOS 10 changes list had a phony friendliness to it, at least at the beginning, the sort of thing you expect to see in advertisements.  I don't like to see that there.  My thin skin?  Maybe.

So far, no observed bugs, just those "improvement" annoyances.






__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___