Re: [iPad] Why Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Sales Soared as Apple's iPad Sales Plunged (AAPL, MSFT)

 

I agree fully. Those who compare a Surface and an iPad, well, you cannot compare them as they are different products


From: "'Tom' tseals4@centurylink.net [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 31 October 2014 5:03 PM
Subject: RE: [iPad] Why Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Sales Soared as Apple's iPad Sales Plunged (AAPL, MSFT)

 
Yes, I love my iPad at home but at work everyone is ditching their iPads for Surfaces including me. I'm not talking about just a few but almost everyone in our department as budgets allow. Nice and light and it has MS Office and Outlook. The Surface really is more of a laptop. I think that there are great uses for either one. It depends on what you want or need to do.
 
I'm amazed at the uses for my iPad at home as I'm using it for a lot more things than I would have thought. I have a Kindle as well but I still prefer real books and magazines as opposed to e-readers.  
 
Tom
 
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:14 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Why Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Sales Soared as Apple's iPad Sales Plunged (AAPL, MSFT)
 



But in all seriousness it is a very nice device. Its a laptop replacement, but the iPad is not a laptop replacement (although it may be for a minority).
The iPad is a light, mainly consumption device, hence it has no full OS. Surface is the opposite. Id hate an iPad to have OSX, teeny screen, no mouse, no real keyboard, rather use a real laptop. But it fills a gap, small though that gap may be.
 
Make a device to be everything? Or make a few devices to complement the needs of the day, and integrate them tightly so you can flip from one to the other? 
 
 
 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

.

__,_._,___